Marine Development & Research
Pros and Cons of 10% Ethanol in Gas
If not already, you will soon be using 10% Ethanol as a replacement oxygenation additive for the discontinued MTBE (methyl tertiary-
A simple field test will prove how well E-
• A clean, clear quart-
1. Add approximately 10 oz of E-
2. Add two (2) capfuls of water to the jar using the E-
3. Add two (2) capfuls of E-
needs more to complete the emulsification process.
4. Adding another ½-
Should the fuel stay cloudy, an additional ½-
Winterizing and Prolonged Storage of E-
Any vented fuel tank containing E-
1. Try to determine if there is any standing water/ethanol on the bottom of the tank. Check fuel filters, water/ separators, or use MDR’s Water Probe Indicator if the tank can be dipped straight down.
2. If no water is indicated, E-
3. Now add MDR’s Gas Stor-